Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Remember why you married him

As I have been struggling with newlywed life, a lot of my friends have been giving me advice, and while they were all very pertinent to the situation at hand, my cousin Caty gave me great advice. "Above everything else, remember why you married him." Why did I marry him? His humor! Andy's humor can get me out of any depression, any angry situation. He says stuff so asinine sometimes it just makes me laugh! Well, upon his arriving home from work, I swore I was going to be mad at him until he apologized. We made it thought dinner, and into Target to do some grocery shopping, and he starts getting me to laugh, and all my anger towards him melts away. We started acting goofy, and pretty soon, we're having a really deep conversation in the middle of Target's grocery! And for the first time today, I smiled, and it was because of him.

Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" wasn't kidding. Laughter causes hurts to begin to heal, the communication lines to open, and grudges to be let go.  And Andy knows as long as he can make me laugh, things are good between us.

Thank you, Lord, for giving me a man who you knew I needed, and thank you for his humor!
Thank you, friends, for wanting to make sure I'm okay, and offering me your ear when I need it.
 And thank you, Caty, for your sound advice: "Above all else, remember why you married him"

No comments:

Post a Comment